INTRODUCTION TO RADICALLY OPEN DIALECTICAL BEHAVIOR THERAPY
First Italian Introductory Training – with THOMAS LYNCH
WHAT IS RO DBT:
Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy (RO DBT) is an evidence-based treatment for hypercontrol problems. Self-control, the ability to inhibit competing urges, impulses, or behaviors is highly valued by most societies. However, excessive self-control has been linked to social isolation, aloof interpersonal functioning, maladaptive perfectionism, constricted emotional expressions, and difficult-to-treat mental health problems, such as anorexia nervosa, obsessive compulsive personality disorder and refractory depression.The aim of this workshop is to introduce clinicians to the theoretical foundations and new skills underlying Radically Open-Dialectical Behavior Therapy (RO DBT) for disorders of overcontrol.
Upon completion of this one-day training, participants will be able to:
- Explain a new biosocial theory for Over-Control
- Describe the RO DBT treatment structure
- Describe new RO DBT treatment strategies designed to enhance willingness for self-inquiry and flexible responding
- Describe the RO DBT treatment hierarchy
- Describe a novel treatment mechanism positing open expression = trust = social connectedness
- List examples of strategies designed to improve pro-social cooperative signaling via activation of the parasympathetic nervous system’s social-safety system
Thomas R. Lynch is Professor Emeritus in the School of Psychology at University of Southampton. He was the Director of the Duke Cognitive Behavioural Research and Treatment Program at Duke University (USA). Professor Lynch is the treatment developer of Radically Open-Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (RO-DBT). He has been the recipient of multiple large research grants from a range of sources, including the National Institutes of Health, National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression, American Foundation of Suicide Prevention, the Hartford Foundation, the Wellcome Trust, and the National Institute for Health Research. He is currently the Chief Investigator of a multi-centre randomized controlled trial examining the efficacy and mechanisms of RO-DBT funded by the NIHR- Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation programme.
The Training will take place on October 17, 2020 from 10.00 am to 6.30 pm, as an online course (webinar). The language of the course is English, and the consecutive translation from English into Italian will be carried out.
Registrations are open to psychologists, psychotherapists, psychiatrists, neuropsychiatrists. The participation fee is 200 euros (VAT exempt). To register you need to:
- Fill in the online form: https://forms.gle/Hq8vs2NhU7uRM4rW7
- Proceed with the payment of the fee by bank transfer (the information for making the payment are available by clicking on the link in the format)
- The registration procedure is considered completed and confirmed only after completing the format and sending a copy of the transfer made to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The course will be activated upon reaching a minimum number of participants; in case of cancellation by the Organizing Committee, the participants will be reimbursed for the entire registration fee. The reimbursement of the fee is not provided in the event of cancellation by the participants.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Click here to download the PDF (ENG)
- Click here to visit the Italian page of Tages Onlus
- Click here to visit the APC/SPC website (ITA/ENG)
- Click here to read our blog post about RO DBT (ITA)
- Click here to visit the Official Site of RO DBT (ENGL)
- Contact us at email@example.com